Our Top Twelve Tips For Entering & Winning Competitions
Entering competitions can be a very interesting, exciting and profitable activity. Millions of prizes are given away every year and now through the Internet, it has never been easier to share in the bounty.
As any competition enthusiast will appreciate, you have to be in it to win it! Yet entering competitions on the Internet can be daunting.
Here are a few tips to help get you started. They’re aimed at saving you worry and headaches in the future, so take your time and enjoy.
- Enter As Many Competitions As Possible Obvious really, the more competitions you enter the greater your chance to win something. If I were pressed for time, I would enter 100 competitions once rather then 1 competition 100 times.
- The More Prizes The Better Go for competitions that have many prizes on offer. If there are 100 prizes on offer, you have 100 more chances to win something with each entry.
- Enter Competitions That Have Fewer People Entering Them Naturally competitions that have fewer people entering them will be easier to win, so always enter a lot of these types. They’re generally more obscure competitions from less well known sites. Having said all of that, still try to enter every competition you find at least once.
- Read the Terms & Conditions Of Competitions Carefully You don’t want to disqualify yourself because you entered a competition multiple times, when you were only allowed to enter it once. Even though some information about the competition is listed on Win Free Stuff still read the rules on the competition’s website, we can’t guarantee all the information submitted to us is correct.
- Setup Free Email Accounts Setup some free email accounts and use those to enter competitions. For better or worse you will get some junk mail, so it might as well be to an email account you have set up especially for that purpose, rather than to your personal one. I have 3 email accounts myself. 1 for personal emails, 1 for competitions, and another for surveys. Any one of these will do, Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo. However, make sure you always check these email accounts for notifications of any wins.
- Enter Real Details I suggest you always put your real details in when asked. How else can they verify who you are when you have won something?
- Use Win Free Stuff To Keep Track Of The Competitions You’ve Entered To help keep straight which competitions you’ve entered use the buttons “Entered” and “Not Interested” on the competition pages. This will easily show you which ones you’ve entered, plus you can hide these competitions to only show the ones that you are still to enter.
- Use Win Free Stuff’s User Rated Star System If time is pressed, you can always use our User Rated Star System to decide which competitions you want to enter. It shows the average score users of Win Free Stuff have rated a competition.
- Use “Web Form Filling” Software Use “Web Form Filling” software to speed up the process of entering competitions. They enable you to complete web forms with just one click, which can make the difference between entering 20 competitions in an hour or being able to enter 100 competitions in an hour. I highly recommend RoboForm as I use it and it does exactly what I need. Google’s Toolbar also has an auto fill feature that allows you to fill in your details with one click.(NOTE: Never use any software that automatically enters competitions for you as you will most likely be disqualified automatically.)
- Share The Knowledge If you know about a competition that isn’t listed on Win Free Stuff, use the “Submit A Competition” button to send us the details about it. Also if you ever find a competition is listed incorrectly, let us know about it via the “Broken Competition” button and it will be corrected as soon as possible.
- Register For Our Australian Competitions Newsletter If you haven’t already, register for our Australian Competitions Newsletter. That way you will get information on some of the best competitions delivered straight to your email inbox.
- Have Fun! The most important rule is to have fun! Remember you do this because you love it. If it starts to feel like work, take a few days off and come back to it later. There will always be more competitions waiting for you when you return.